ctoThe Commission on Aging coordinates and participates in events throughout the year such as CarFit, the 4th of July Parade, Senior Health Series workshops, Family Caregiver Retreats, and senior needs assessments and surveys.
2022 Senior Seminars
This in-person workshop, hosted by the City of Pleasant Hill Commission on Aging, in partnership with the Pleasant Hill Recreation & Park District, will cover:
- Non-medical Home Care vs Home Health
- Benefits of Hospice
- Services Medicare covers
- Assistance offered by Geriatric Care Managers
- Different types of Placement Services; and
- Types of senior living communities to assist with personal care, socialization, and memory deficiencies
- Click to download the Aging in Place Workshop Presentation
This in-person workshop, hosted by the City of Pleasant Hill Commission on Aging, in partnership with the Pleasant Hill Recreation & Park District, offered a safe discussion forum to talk with other community members about challenges, concerns, and experiences.
2020-21 Senior Seminars
Coping with COVID Senior Health Series
In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, the Commission partnered with the Pleasant Hill Senior Center to offer a Coping with COVID Senior Health series online through Zoom. The free presentations are below.