- I Want To
- Learn About
- Construction & Demolition Recycling
Construction & Demolition Recycling
Construction & Demolition (C&D) Recycling Requirements in Pleasant Hill
The City of Pleasant Hill’s Construction and Demolition Ordinance 949, passed October4, 2021 requires that 65% of project waste materials be diverted from landfills. A construction, demolition or renovation project must comply with the Ordinance if the project is expected to cost $50,000 or more. In order to comply, each permit applicant for building, demolition, or encroachment must submit a Waste Management Plan (WMP).
The WMP includes a Waste Assessment to identify the materials that you estimate will be recycled, salvaged or landfilled. And upon the completion of the project, a report is required to indicate the material types and quantities recycled, salvaged or disposed from the project site. The City of Pleasant Hill requires applicants to submit their WMP using Green Halo systems. Green Halo is a web-based service where you can establish, monitor and document your waste management plan and compliance online.
For customers who do not have access to a computer, Green Halo can set up your account over the phone at (888)525-1301
To set up online visit www.pleasanthill.wastetracking.com
The Waste Management Plan (WMP) shall be submitted using Green Halo Systems
The WMP shall indicate all of the following:
- Identification of all the materials you estimate will recycled, salvage or disposed; and
- Identification of the handling procedure, approved hauler and/or destination of each material type (a list of certified facilites are available through Green Halo).
The WMP can only be approved when all of the following conditions have been met:
- The WMP provides all of the information noted above; and
- The WMP indicates that at least 65%, OR the amounts, criteria and requirements specified in the Green Building Code, whichever is greater will be diverted
Complete Construction & Demolition Ordinance
C & D Permits Page