- City Manager
- Economic Development
- Website and Social Media Technical Assistance Grant
Website and Social Media Technical Assistance Grant
The Technical Assistance Grant Program is a City of Pleasant Hill initiative aimed at boosting overall economic activity in the City by helping the City’s storefront merchants enhance their technical and marketing capabilities.
The maximum grant award is $7,500 and can be used for the following services directly related to the approved business:
- Website Development and Design
- On-line Ordering, Pickup, and/or Delivery Functionality
- Social Media Setup/Strategy
- Digital Marketing (content and strategy only, not advertising costs)
- Paid Social Media Advertising (content and strategy only, not advertising costs)
- Brand Strategy and Development
- Email Marketing
- Graphic Design
- Video Production (including drone and animated videos)
The City will provide grantees with a list of pre-screened technical consultants that are qualified to provide the grant-eligible services listed above. Grantees can select one single consultant or multiple consultants. Grantees have the option of hiring a consultant(s) from the City’s consultant list and/or hiring consultant(s) not on the list.
- Must be open to the public.
- Must have a business storefront (home-based businesses are not eligible).
- Eligible business sectors include retail (goods and services), restaurant, and personal care service. Professional office (such as legal, financial, medical, insurance, real estate) are ineligible.
- Chain stores are eligible.
- Franchisees are eligible.
- Store square footage must be less than 15,000 square feet.
- Must have a valid City of Pleasant Hill business license. You may obtain one here: https://www.pleasanthillca.org/70/Business-License
- The program is focused on personal and household retail products, restaurants, and personal care services, with some exclusions such as gas stations, liquor stores, and tobacco/vaping shops. Additional business types may be ineligible. Final determinations about whether individual businesses fall under the category of an eligible or ineligible business will be made by the City Manager. If you would like to inquire about the eligibility of your businesses, contact the Grant Manager (contact information below).
- Must be in good standing with the City, County, and State in order to receive the grant.
Grant Reimbursement Process
If approved, each grant awardee (“Business”) will be eligible to receive up to $7,500 in eligible reimbursements. Businesses will be responsible for agreeing to a price for services with their selected consultant(s) and will be responsible for settling payment with the consultant(s). Businesses can then request reimbursement of eligible consultant expenses.
Grant Reimbursement Requirements and Guidelines
- Business are required to obtain a minimum of two consultant quotes, prior to hiring a consultant(s), in order for services to gain reimbursement eligibility.
- All reimbursable expenditures should be pre-approved via email by the Grant Manager (contact information below).
- Grantees may spend more than $7,500 on consultant services, with the understanding that the maximum reimbursable amount under this grant, for all consultants combined, is capped at $7,500 for eligible reimbursable expenses.
- Consultant invoices will be required prior to the disbursement of reimbursement checks and must include the following:
- Date, business name, business address.
- Line-item descriptions for each eligible service that the business is requesting for reimbursement.
- The invoice must be marked as paid.
- Proof of payment, such as a copy of cashed check, check register report, credit card statement, or e-payment receipt (i.e. Cash App, Paypal, Venmo, Zelle).
Grant awards will be based on meeting the eligibility requirements and will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis until funds are exhausted. $75,000 has been allocated for Phase I of this program. If the program is oversubscribed, the City may consider additional Phase II grant funds, but this is not guaranteed.
Questions regarding this grant application shall be directed to PHTechGrant@pleasanthillca.org or by telephone at (925) 671-5213.
Please click the button below to submit an application: