- Building Division
- Plot Plan Instructions
Plot Plan Instructions
The City can help with any questions regarding the property dimensions and setback requirements.
- Sketch your property and existing improvements to decide what scale to use.
- Draw a plan view of your property to scale (1 inch = 20 feet preferred). Show side, front, and rear property lines with their dimensions. Show any easements as listed in your title report or assessor's map book. (City has a copy.)
- If your property is on a corner, name both streets.
- Draw a north arrow and indicate scale used under arrow.
- If there are structures on your property, do the following:
- Locate all existing structures on your property, residence, utility building, pump house, rentals, off-street parking, etc.
- Locate all structures as to distance from the sides, front, and rear property lines. Give distance in feet.
- Show the use of all structures. Examples: two-car garage, utility building, residence, shed, swimming pool / spa, etc.
- Locate proposed new addition and/or structure.
- Show dimensions of exterior walls of new addition and/or new structure.
- Show roof slopes and site drainage to approved location (preferably to front of property and street).
- Indicate the use of each new addition and/or structure. Examples: garage, carport, patio, cover, utility building, pump house, etc.
- Show and clearly label existing (pre-construction) and proposed (post-construction) drainage patterns including location of new drains (i.e. behind retaining walls) and how they tie into existing system. Reason: It cannot be determined how existing lot drainage will be affected by the project. You are required to establish or re-establish positive lot drainage swales or pipes around new building additions, pools / spas, retaining walls, and related amenities.