The Engineering Division is comprised of the following sections:
- Capital Improvement Program (CIP) – Responsible for public facility projects, including pavement management and storm drain improvements. CIP FY2022-2027
- Development – Responsible for permitting and processing of private development projects, including residential and commercial properties. For updates on major development projects please click here.
- Traffic Engineering – Responsible for traffic projects, including traffic calming and signal coordination.
Request for Proposals
- City Hall Pond and Fountain Rehabilitation Project (Design)
- On-Call Geotechnical and Material Testing Services
- On-Call Construction Inspection Services
Projects out to Bid
- Downtown Street Tree Replacement Project
- Taylor Boulevard Improvements Project, Civic Drive to Ruth Drive
Projects Under Design
Measure K Programs
- Measure K - Five Year Storm Drain Improvement Program and Two Year Project List
- Measure K - Five Year Bike and Pedestrian Program
Projects Under Construction
Projects Completed (last 2 years)
- Pleasant Hill Library
- Oak Park Boulevard and Monticello Avenue Improvement Project
- Pleasant Hill Road Sidewalk (Pleasant View to Cumberland) 2021
- Signing and Striping Project 2021
- 2021 Street Resurfacing Project
- Pleasant Hill Road (Gregory to Taylor)
- Gregory Lane/Elinora Road Traffic Signal Installation
- Storm Drain Pipe Rehabilitation on Cliffside Drive
- Storm Drain Pipe Slip Lining on Pleasant Hill Road
The Engineering Division also manages the following programs:
- Clean Water (NPDES) Program – Responsible for implementation of federal clean water requirements.
- Encroachment Permit Program – Responsible for permitting of construction in the public right-of-way.
- Floodplain Management Program – Responsible for implementation of the Floodplain Ordinance and minimizing flood damage throughout the City.
- Solid Waste and Recycling – Responsible for managing the City’s waste disposal contract and recycling efforts.
- Street Resurfacing Program – Responsible for managing the City’s Pavement Management System
Street Pavement Moratorium List
Recently Completed Street Resurfacing Work / Street Pavement Moratorium List