Community Service Day
Community Service Day 2021
With the relaxation of the COVID-19 restrictions, the City of Pleasant Hill will be returning to the annual Community Service Day. This year's event is set for 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., September 25, 2021.
This year, we are limiting projects to outdoors only and requiring volunteers to wear masks. For those interested in volunteering, there are 14 projects to choose from. This year's projects include:
- Bike Build a Thon
- Pleasant Hill Middle School Campus Beautification
- Pleasant Hill Elementary School Campus Beautification
- Sequoia Elementary School Campus Beautification
- Pleasant Hill Instructional Garden Cleanup
- White Pony Express - Assist in Cleaning Containers for Food Distribution
- Gregory Gardens Elementary School Campus Beautification
- College Park High School Campus Beautification
- Dinosaur Hill Cleanup
- Pleasant Hill Food Drive - Assist with Collection of Donations
- Pleasant Hill Park Cleanup
- Pleasant Oaks Park Cleanup
- Rodgers-Smith Ranch Cleanup
- Valhalla Elementary School Cleanup
To sign up for this year's event, please fill out our online form.
Volunteers: please print and sign the CSD Waiver and return it on Saturday to the project lead.
If you're unable to volunteer, a food drive is also being held as part of the event. Donations may be dropped off at the Teen Center at Pleasant Hill Park, or a Pleasant Hill Police officer will be at Grocery Outlet holding a 'Stuff the Cruiser' event.
Additionally, the city is partnering with Contra Costa Health Services to hold a COVID-19 mobile vaccine clinic at Pleasant Hill Park. Come, drop off your food donation, and get your vaccination at the same time!
About Community Service Day
Launched in 2005 by Mayor Michael Harris and coordinated by the Civic Action Commission, CSD is a day where members of the community of all ages come together to volunteer their time for a variety of worthy causes and projects.
Over the past 16 years, more than 43,000 volunteer hours have been logged to improve the Pleasant Hill community. Together we have:
Cleaned up neighborhoods, schools, parks, and creeks
Planted scores of beautiful trees
Landscaped parks and organic gardens
Repaired over 1,000 bicycles for donation to children
Donated blood to save dozens of lives
Collected over 26 tons of food for the Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano
Helped children and seniors in need